This is straight up a baking video, the best bread recipe I have come across for maximum flavour with minimum effort. I thought it could be helpful in the coming weeks and months at home. The full recipe is below!
I didn’t want to do a video about the virus because I think it has been really well covered elsewhere. I hope you and your family are all hunkered down and doing well. Wishing you all the best, and I’ll be back to my normal science videos next week.
—– Ingredients —–
– 3 cups (400g) of unbleached all purpose flour
(or 2 cups all purpose flour and 1 cup wholewheat flour)
– 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
– 1 1/2 teaspoons of table salt
– 1 cup (240 ml) water
– 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
– 1/2 cup (120ml) mild lager
—– Instructions —–
– Mix dry ingredients, then add everything else and fold together. Let sit for 8 to 18 hours at room temp in sealed bowl.
– Knead dough 15 times, pull edges into middle to form a ball and flip seam side down.
– Line same bowl with oiled parchment paper, put dough on it and lid on for 2 hours.
– About 30 mins before baking, heat up a Dutch oven in oven to 500F (260C). Lightly flour top of bread and with sharp knife make two slits in the top.
– Carefully transfer dough to pot and reduce oven to 425F (220C) and bake covered for 30mins, then remove lid and bake for a few more minutes (5-10mins) until brown.
#bread #baking #food
— Some Awesome People —
And many thanks to my $10 supporters on Patreon, you are awesome!
Join the gang and help support me produce free and high quality science content:
— Posters —-
DFTBA Store: https://store.dftba.com/collections/domain-of-science
RedBubble Store: https://www.redbubble.com/people/DominicWalliman
Help me make amazing science videos on Patreon:
I have also made posters available for educational use which you can find here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/95869671@N08/
— My Science Books —-
I also write science books for kids! You can see them all here:
— Follow me around the internet, wait that sounds weird —
Tweets by DominicWalliman